Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Luke 7 - Just say the Word

A Roman captain had a servant who was on his deathbed. He prized him highly, so when he heard that Jesus was in the area, he sent Jewish leaders who bragged about their boss and gave many reasons why Jesus should come to his house to heal his servant. Jesus went with him.
When He wasn’t quite there, the captain sent friends to tell Jesus his thoughts, "Master, don’t put yourself through all this trouble. I'm not that good a person, you know. I’m not worthy to welcome you to my house. I’m not even worthy to come to you in person.
But if you choose to give the order, my servant will get well. I'm a man under orders and I do what I’m told; I also give orders to my servants, and they do what they are told. Whatever you say, and whomever you say it to, they will do what they are told.
Amazed, Jesus addressed the crowd: ‘WOW! I've never seen this kind of simple trust in Israel before!’
When the messengers returned home, they found the servant up and well.”
Lord Jesus, we are not worthy to have you come to where we are, we are not even worthy to come to you and be blessed by your presence, but if you want to, just say the word and your will will happen here.

No comments: