Monday, August 24, 2009

John 14 - One Way Jesus

Don't worry. Be Happy instead! You trust in God, right? Trust in me too! There are many rooms in my Dad's house, and if you believe in me, I will be going there soon to make one ready for you, and you, and you, and you! In fact, everybody is invited!
When everything is ready I will come back and get you, so you may join the party with me. You already know where the party will be.
Thomas, one of the disciples, said "Lord we have no idea where you are going. We don't know the way to the party! Can you give us directions?"
"I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life." If you follow My directions you will get there. My Dad is waiting for you. If you know me, you will know my Dad too because we are one and the same. 'Like Son, Like Father.'
Phillip was getting frustrated, "Can you just show us your Dad and stop just talking about Him? That would be perfect!"
"Jesus said to Phillip, "You've been around me and have seen a lot of me. Don't you know me yet? As I said before, 'Like Son, Like Father.' So, why are you asking to see Him? Remember, my Dad and I are one and the same. In fact, I'm not saying any of this by myself. Instead, my Dad is, because He lives in me just as we can live in you."
Jesus continued, "In summary, my Dad and I are one and the same. And it is my Dad who allows me to do the things you have seen me do, the miracles and all that.
The truth is, he or she who believes in me can do the same things I am doing: feeding thousands of people, healing others, bringing the dead back to life, and other great things like that. If you believe in me, you can do all of these things if you ask me to. So, go ahead .... ask."

No comments: